Saturday, September 26, 2009

Off to Virginia

Last night Alan took me to the airport to fly to Virginia. It was my first experience on a red-eye flight. I now know why they call it that.
I flew Jetblue and was excited to have a personal babysitter (TV). Unfortunately it was tuned to some odd time zone because all I got were infomercials and a rerun of some random college football game on ESPN.
I packed a large bottle of water and by sun-up the water was gone and I was done!
Randy got up at 4 a.m. to drive to the airport to get me at 6. He brought a pillow and blanket for me. We went to a Lowe's parking lot and slept for a couple of hours. We also used the Lowe's tidy facilities to brush our teeth. We got breakfast at a grocery store and wondered how to spend the rest of the day. Lon was coming from Connecticut on the train and wouldn't get there till later that evening.
Luckily Karen got ants in her pants and as soon as they all woke up, they came to get me and left Randy to do Grandpa day care.
When they got there we went to this really cool air museum by the airport. They had the Enola Gay on display as well as a stealth bomber, Concorde jet, and space shuttle. Then it was off to Charlottesville with Karen and Ben.
Thanks guys for such a cool adventure!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment