Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ready????

Last night while I was at the temple the UCSF liver doctor phoned. The transplant powers and the doctors had a conference that morning and I was granted an exception score of 32. That means I am very, very close to getting a new liver. There are three transplant centers in this area and at UCSF I am at the top. The doctor said it could be this weekend or a couple of months. I am really scared now! It is a hard recovery--at the meeting they said I would need someone 24/7 for three weeks. Poor Lon.
My kidney function has gotten much worse, so hopefully with the new liver not producing any more wayward fibrinogen they will recover. I will be the first to receive only a liver. I never imagined I would be the first to try out a medical procedure. It's officially time to gather all my courage (and sass and stubbornness and will!)
Prayers are still needed!

2 comments:

  1. Cathy, you are in our prayers! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Mom! We're always praying for you. I'll come help take care of you... I didn't go to nursing school for nothing!

    ReplyDelete