Saturday, October 8, 2011

Changes Galore

Remember me? What a crazy summer, even for me.
First things first. The amyloidosis is technically cured. Because I had a liver transplant, my liver is no longer producing amyloid--the good news. Because I had a liver transplant, I have to take a ton of drugs--the bad news. Recently, I have had some of my immunosuppressants reduced. I am being "weaned" off of prednisone. I have gone from 5 mg. a day to 4 mg. a day. Actually going from 1 5 mg. pill a day to 4 1 mg. pills a day. My total number of pills a day is between 25 and 27. Throw in a shot every other week and a blood test once or twice a month and you've got my schedule!
I do feel very grateful that I'm doing that well. My kidneys are hanging in there, and that's worth a lot.
The big change this summer has been moving to Oregon. We haven't found a house to buy yet, but we are trying! We both love the small town atmosphere. Any place in town takes 10 minutes or less to get there. I don't get lost that much.

We've had lots of company this summer and my camera is full of pictures. I will be blogging more. It is far better to blog about our cute grandkids and our adventures and not about being sick!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, Just wanted to let you know how much I miss you guys. I will always appreciate all you taught me at the temple. We are getting our new presidency this week and are looking forward to serving with them. Keep in touch.
    Barbara Hurst

    ReplyDelete