Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Living in Limbo

It has now been almost five weeks since I was listed for the liver transplant. This waiting is the pits! I was over due for all five of our children and that was nothing compared to this. Lon thinks it is like sitting on the edge of your chair--and his legs are cramping like crazy! We don't want to do too much grocery shopping because we'll be gone for at least a week. Eating has been like camping and food storage put together. Our bags are packed and ready to go. And here we sit. And sit. And sit.
We are quick to acknowledge that we are on the Lord's timetable, yet it really is hard to wait around. I got my blood work done last week. My kidney function is holding steady and my potassium level was up a little. My kidney doctor tweaked my meds and hopefully the potassium will stay at a good level. And the tweaking didn't include any brown liquid, thank goodness!
The plan is for Lon to stay with me in the hospital. They have a reclino-chair-bed-combo (probably not very comfortable to sleep or sit in) that he will be able to sort of sleep in. The meds they give me after surgery are apt to make me even crazier than normal, and he has promised to stay and comfort and regulate me. I appreciate that so much. When he was in the hospital with his broken leg, I stayed with him all day, but didn't stay at the hospital. With the meds I will be getting, I think it will be prudent to have my best buddy nearby!

1 comment:

  1. OK we still pray for both you and Lon and all those who care for you....We send our love and faith....please make someone post when you receive your surgery

    ReplyDelete