Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Something interesting happened...

It's about time for some good news. I have a blood test weekly now (instead of twice a week). My arm is enjoying the break.
Last Tuesday we went to UCSF for a kidney transplant evaluation. We were there from 11:45 until after 6. My kidney function had fallen to about 11%. Dialysis starts at probably 10%. It was very discouraging. The good news is that Lon is willing to be a living donor; he has lost 25 pounds to qualify. I was accepted to be put on the list.
All week I've been feeling pretty well. In fact I think I'd be back to normal if I hadn't lost so much muscle the month I was sick. I've been walking more, but my strength stinks! Well yesterday I went for my lab work and this morning we saw the results. My kidney function has jumped to 19%. It is an absolute miracle! We are able to graph my kidney function and it only changes one or two per cent at a time. I have no idea what caused such a huge jump in the function, but I am very grateful for that, as well as feeling better. Thanks for all the prayers!

5 comments:

  1. I miss you, Cathy! I really hope to see you sometime soon....like at the BBQ on October 9th!

    Hugs, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those "Tender Mercies"...the power of prayer and His great love for you. This wonderful news you deserve. Smiles for you...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. All i can say is "faith preceeds the miracle".
    Are you too modest to say humbly it is a miracle? That's what defines a miracle...not understanding how.
    We are thrilled for you and never forget to pray for you and Lon.
    Sending lots of love and "BOO".

    p.s. i really miss seeing you in JoAnn's. The one in Idaho Falls is really pitifal.

    ReplyDelete