Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back to the Doctor

On Tuesday I went back to UCSF for a routine doctor appointment. It was great to be there and walk right past the hospital (the last two times I was there I was admitted). My blood pressure set off the alarm, but we're working on that. The big thing was adjustments to my meds. I was taking cyclosporine. It is a large capsule (actually huge), but the awful part is that it smells like skunk! Seriously. Each capsule is packaged individually in triple layer foil/plastic. They are very tricky to open. We fondly refer to it as roadkill. The replacement meds is Prograf. They are tiny capsules. I am so happy with that change.
I will have to continue weekly blood tests for three weeks and if all goes well I get to go to every other week for blood work. My veins are really beat up and sure could use the break. I don't have to go back to UCSF for four months. Works for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Sounds like a good appointment! Thanks for the update. :)

    ReplyDelete