Sunday, February 20, 2011

Family Home Evening

Brian and Christine are ready to welcome a new baby boy very soon. On Monday night they held family home evening with four year old Lincoln and two year old Natalie. The subject of the evening was very important--swaddling. Lincoln really, really loved to be swaddled.
So out came the baby dolls and stuffed animals. All were swaddled and reswaddled. Then Lincoln and Natalie got swaddled. Brian and Christine reported that big kids don't really swaddle all that well. Brian would pick them up and sing to them to soothe them. It didn't work any more.
My favorite quote was from Lincoln. "Hey, I can't move my arms!"
To finish off the evening Brian got swaddled. It sounded more like a self-made burrito to me. Lincoln and Natalie tried to lift him up. It sounds like one of those nights that I would have liked to have been a bug on the wall to observe.
Of course the very best thing for this Grandma is that I know the new little brother will certainly be loved and well taken care of!

1 comment: