Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Boring...?

Well, it was three months and one week since the big day. My liver is (I hope) happily living in Salinas. I am finally starting to feel much better. My bad reaction to one of the immunosuppressants really knocked me back. I was sick for five weeks or so and I think I am a month behind in recovery. I was so weak when I got out of the hospital, but am getting so much stronger every day.
I don't have to go back to UCSF for three months! Yee haw! And I only need blood tests every other week. My kidney function inched up a little more, and I am so grateful for that--I can really notice how much better I feel.
I think my scar is appalling--Lon says it is a badge of honor! I get "jiggle belly" when I'm up too long or go on a long car ride and "swelly belly" most every evening , probably to remind me of this miracle. I have 23 prescriptions that I take on a regular basis and a few more as needed. I take about 16 pills every morning and 9 every night. I think I'm real tough because I can chug them all in about five minutes. It's good to develop new talents.
I an so thankful this is becoming boring. It sure beats exciting!

3 comments:

  1. We're so glad you're doing better! We send our love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Lon. I think your scar is a badge of courage too. It is a beautiful thing. It all depends on the eye of the beholder. I think the Lord probably agrees with your husband too.
    I am so glad you are becoming boring.
    I have been at the boring stage for about 25 years and counting. I always say I'm fine because it is so boring to talk about how i reallly am. In your case, it's only boring to you. Not boring to the rest of us though.
    Hey i still win the pill contest. I take about 20 pills in the morning and 16 pills at night.
    But who's counting?
    I was really hoping I'd lose this one.
    I'm very happy you won on the transplant...i'm not at all interested in competing.
    We still pray for you morning and evening and keep your name on the temple prayer roll here in Rexburg.
    We love and miss you both.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, taking that many pills I think definitely can be called a talent:) Glad to hear you're feeling better. Keep up the recovery b/c the kids are dying to see you but we don't want to wear you out - we're thinking Christmas break sounds about right if you'll be up for it.

    ReplyDelete