Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Prednisone!!

So my official diagnosis was "mild to moderate rejection." It is treated by massive doses of prednisone. In the hospital I had 1500 mg. IV prednisone the first day and 1200 mg. IV the next day. I went home with a taper schedule beginning at 200 mg. (oral). I have heard that I should be able to fly around the room or at least have some spurts of crazy energy. The exact opposite seems to be occurring. I feel quite mellow and am sleeping no worse than before, actually maybe a little more. I find myself having to "force" myself to get anything done. It's really frustrating--it takes me forever to get the simplest stuff done.
I'm back to bruised arms--blood tests are back to twice a week. My lab results are improving--thank goodness for that!
It's tough learning patience the hard way, but I've decided that I am stronger than all this stuff going on!

1 comment:

  1. Cathy,

    Glad to hear from you and that there has been improvement. Hope you keep getting better!

    Love,
    Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete