Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Speaking of blood types.....

Lon and I are both O+ blood type. Our children must all be O+, except.....

When Brian was in high school he donated blood for the first time. The Red Cross sent him a nice letter thanking him and telling him his blood type for future reference. It was AB. Of course Brian being Brian couldn't just call them up and ask them to double check it. Armed with high school science know-how he approached us and asked us why we didn't tell him.....

"You could have told me, I'm old enough."

"Told you what?"

"That I'm adopted."

Of course with me being me....

"You're kidding right? Do you think any adoption agency would let us have a kid? We're such bad parents. Get real."

"I should really call you Mrs. Tidwell and not Mom any more."

And so on and on.

Just another example of why I am so old.

(eventually the Red Cross sent a letter to correct the error)

1 comment: