Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cautiously optimistic

There has been so much going on since we got here. I will be adding more blogs when we get back Tuesday night,but I must make a couple of comments.
There are about fifty people here who have familial amyloidosis. I am the only one who has my type--one of the doctor's commented that "only a handful" has it. The doctors are amazing--with this disease they have to be both researchers and doctors. I have been told that there are a couple of options and will be talking (and teaching) my doctors. These doctors are very generous with their time and resources. I have phone numbers and will probably stay in contact until we make some kind of decision.
It's Fast Sunday and we are both really feeling the power of prayers said in our behalf. How grateful we are for friends and family!
We love and appreciate you all so much.

1 comment: