Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What a good idea!

Sunday was Stake Conference. My mind must have wandered (although there was a good talk about promptings and such) and I was thumbing through my scriptures. I guess I have to admit I was in the back around the pictures and maps, and I noticed Nauvoo really isn't that far from Chicago (where we're going to the conference). What if we stay a couple days and drive to Nauvoo? We look at the schedule for flights and can change our flight home to a later time and only pay a small difference in airfare (thank you Southwest Airlines), but then we look at the Temple schedule only to find out that it is closed for its two week maintenance break. What a bummer! Then Lon looks at the other end--what if we leave a day or two sooner? It actually is happening!!!!! We leave super early tomorrow morning and will drive to Nauvoo and get to do the whole tourist thing and then get to do a session. We are both so excited about this. Will probably have more to report later!!

3 comments:

  1. Can't someone donate part of their liver or do you absolutely have to wait for a whole one to come out of a dead person? I'm just thinking, wouldn't it be better to do it sooner, so there's less wreckage on your body? *confused*

    Like, one of your kids or in-laws or anyone else willing to donate part of a liver and then maybe a kidney too? Even though you're doing OK now, the goal is to keep it from messing up any other organs and theoretically a liver/kidney transplant will "cure" it? No more toxic liver, no more toxic proteins?

    Is this even an option in your case?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve and I had the opportunity to visit the Nauvoo temple several years ago. Our schedule was such we knew we would be there when the temple was closed but had no other options. So we did the next best thing. We helped with the cleaning. When you are in the Celestial Room think of me I cleaned the cystals on one of the chandeliers. Steve got to do the floors in the baptistry. So we tell our kids we have done "ceilings and floors" in the Temple. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete