Saturday, October 10, 2009

Congratulations Alan and Ellen

Alan and Ellen have bought a home. It is in Redwood City and today was the big move. He had some of the gente from the Spanish Ward coming to help and had rented a big old truck. Ellen had done an excellent job of packing and off we went to Redwood City.
It is a very cute house--it fits Alan and Ellen perfectly--modernized, but full of cute, vintage-type touches. The very best thing was that Alan's roommate from freshman year at BYU and his wife came especially from Oregon to help (OK--I get to take some literary license here). It was so nice to see them (thanks for lunch!) They and all the others were great help--I was relegated to the one chair in the house-fortunately it was padded! I did a little bit of Grandma daycare, but mostly I was pretty worthless. Ellen is due to have baby number three in January and three year old Alice and one year old Teddy keep her flying. I couldn't believe all the ligting, bending, and unpacking she did. By the time we left, beds were up and I was pretty tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment