Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Genetics

The Oakland Kaiser department of genetics called today. There are six subtypes of what I have--very small subtypes. The treatment is basically the same, but I would like the genetic testing to see exactly what kind I have--mainly for the kids. She had done some homework and it is a blood test, but there isn't even a lab in the US that will do it. It has to be sent to Canada. She took down information about my family and she couldn't see where it had come from or if it would even ever appear again. They have a pow-wow every week and she was going to talk to the experts, so we'll see what comes of that.

1 comment:

  1. I know I have alot to say...I just want you to know people are reading it. Did I thank you today for letting us in? THANK YOU F0R LETTING US IN AND WE LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete