Tuesday, October 27, 2009

And yet another doctor......

Today I had a 45 minute consultation with a liver doctor. And no, she has never seen an amyloidosis patient. And she had probably never seen such a quality liver in a while since I have never smoked, drank, done drugs, or have any kind of lifestyle that was unkind to my liver. Unfortunately, my liver is producing the fibrinogen which is gumming up my kidneys, which makes everything else a moot point. She took a couple of lifestyle notes and forwards this information to the Kaiser Transplant team (any guesses on how many amyloid patients?) who in turn will forward it to the UCSF Transplant team. She did say that I would be far, far down on the list unless some kind of exception was made. Right now I'm good with that.
There was also a bit of good news. She thought I had had all the tests that were required to this point. So hopefully when we get home I won't have any tests waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment