Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Doctor stuff

Tuesday I was supposed to have my bone marrow biopsy, but it had to be rescheduled to Thursday. I'm not looking forward to that! I have an echocardiogram after that so it will be a long day. I have had more than 100 blood and urine tests since this stuff started. My record so far is fourteen vials of blood at one sitting.
I thought I had a bunch more yesterday, but it turned out to be only one-- a kidney function test. My serum creatnine is supposed to be less than 1.11 and it was 1.64--a little better than my last test. My GFR is 32. It should be over 60, but 32 is also a slight improvement. I'll sure take that though!
Today I am doing a 24 hour urine collection. No fun at all--enough said.
Monday I meet with the oncologist. Hopefully the mayo Clinic results will be ready. We are also praying that only my kidneys are involved in the amyloidosis process. So far the liver tests look good and the heart blood work looks good so we are praying for that. A few weeks ago I thought the bummer kidneys were the worst thing possible. Now I'm hoping that's all that is involved and am ready to accept that.
He might also discuss treatment options. Thursday I see the kidney doctor. Since my kidneys have started failing my blood pressure has gone hickedy-bonkers so he is trying to find the right combination of drugs that will work well and not have my legs buckle! My cholesterol has also been thrown out of whack and I have medication for that. I have gone from low maintenence to seven plus pills a day.
Most of all though I am thankful for a husband who has been right at my side and kids who call and sometimes cry with me. I appreciate all the cards and notes and emails I get--they always seem to come at just the right time. I am also grateful for Priesthood blessings. So far they work better than any medicine. I'm also thankful for all the prayers and fasting in my behalf. They are working!

No comments:

Post a Comment