Tuesday, July 13, 2010

ICU Update

Cathy is fairly comfortable unless she moves. We have moved her around in her bed twice. The first time she was, I think surprised by her surgery pain, but the second time she made the move with no problems. They even changed her sheets while she was in bed. I don't think it is a technique that I will be using on our beds at home. Cathy has a one-on-one nurse. She handles any issues or requests quickly. Even though Cathy is pretty doped up and doesn't start any conversations, she still has a quick wit with her responces to questions!

4 comments:

  1. That is great. We're glad to hear things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember practicing how to change beds like that with my friends in nursing school and doing it a few times on patients at Primary Children's. I can teach you how if you want me to, Dad. Sounds like Mom's doing well! Tell her I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're following this now. We didn't know about it. Jess Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to see Cathy apply the sheet change procedure herself, while she is in the bed... ;o)

    Thank you for keeping us posted.

    Matt & Peg Shaffer

    ReplyDelete