Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A long, long day

Yesterday was my first trip back to UCSF. I saw the surgeon, and he is delighted with my progress. The appointment was for 8:30 A.M., so we had to get up early and drive in a bunch of traffic. I walked from the parking garage to the clinic. He adjusted my meds and I got more pain pills. I asked him about a pulling feeling that I have in a place far away from the incision. He said that if I knew what he did in that area, I would know why it is so sore. I have cut down on the pain meds and notice all sorts of sore spots throughout my abdomen. The bottoms of my ribs are also very sore due to the retractors.
We decided to go home through Half Moon Bay along the Coast. It was very pretty and we got some peas (Karen, they were even more delicious than the ones we got). We had to stop at Kaiser to pick up the prescriptions and I had to do some labs. Finally we got home, only to go back after dinner to get more meds and another lab test. I was tired!
Tomorrow I have to go back for my regular labs. This is hard work!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so glad you are making such good progress. I am sure the delicious fresh peas are good for the healing process.

    Great updates, keep them coming.

    Love,
    Duane and Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I (we) are so thankful to our Heavenly Father for your miraculous process!
    Rob and i check often to see what's going on in the incredible Amy life...actually your incredible life. We are working in the temple again tonight and it's two weeks since we put your name on the prayer roll so it's on again tonight.

    We pray for you in every prayer we say...many a day!

    Your blog is delightful, wrenching amuzing and even funny...but of course funny or it wouldn't be your blog.

    We love you and Lon soooo much!
    Sending gentle hugs and bestest wishes for more improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy one of my favorites is on the blog is the 32" incision you have! I have had so many smirks and giggles over that. I hope you have too. I think the contest was a great idea. I so enjoy reading the blog and sometimes I read it twice a day. I'm afraid you may be resting and do not want to call. You are the best, keep up the good progress and we do miss you on Fridays.

    My prayers and love are with you...Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete